Most businesses are not aware that search engines like google can issue penalties (like Panada & Penguin) on their websites. These penalties will limit the amount of traffic and customers your website gets. Hurting the businesses ability to create a sustainable online revenue model. This is where we can help, our penalty recovery process is designed to restore your valuable search traffic.
Here is the process we follow to provide your site with the best possible chance of getting your search traffic restored:
Diagnosing the Website Penalty
The first step in any penalty recovery project is to diagnose which penalty is affecting your website. Their are three types
- Manual: After a manual inspection the search engine penalizes your site for engaging in practices that are against its webmaster guidelines
- Search Algorithm:
- Panda: Focus on identifying websites with Thin content, Low-quality content or Duplicate content
- Penguin: Focus on unnatural links and link building techniques.
Manual penalties are typically the easiest to diagnose as you probably receive a Manual Action notification in your Google Search console.
Panda and Penguin penalties are much harder to diagnose. Penguin penalties tend to be characterized by a drop in organic search traffic over a very short period of time. So you google analytics graphics may show a cliff pattern if you are impacted. Panda penalties also display a drop in traffic, but they may become evident as a decline in traffic over a longer period of time. Of
Panda penalties also display a drop in traffic in google analytics, however the pattern will display a smoother decline over a longer period of time.
Search Penalty Remediation Plan
After we have diagnose the type of penalty affecting your web site, we develop a detailed recovery and remediation plan. The plan outlines the steps that we must take to remove the penalty impacting your business. Remediation may include:
- Removal and / or Google disavowal of backlinks
- Changes to your website structure & content
- Adding or removing content
- No indexing duplicate content
If you suspect that a penalty is negatively impacting your search engine traffic let us help diagnose the problem and get your website back to the position it should be.